The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for coordinating internal teams to deliver products that fill gaps in market and increase customer satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include gathering and documenting product requirements, prioritizing the product backlog and ensuring all product initiatives are executed in line with the product vision. This position will be an integral piece of our team and where you will contribute to building a world class solution for our business and customers while following product best practices.
What you will do:
- Work closely with the Product Team to gain a complete understanding of the product vision, direction and needs. Promote the vision throughout the company to ensure Development, Sales, Service and Marketing efforts align with the vision.
- Assist in building out our product team in a grass roots product focused environment.
- Implement lean product methodologies and process flow.
- Incorporate Dual Discovery-Delivery Process best practices, bringing the team along when possible to get direct access to user interviews, shadowing and prototype feedback.
- Create and maintain product documentation. Define requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria for product functions and features.
- Fill Product Owner role in Agile/Scrum processes.
- Coordinate and lead internal teams through the design, development and testing of new product releases. Balance business objectives and customer needs, reconciling the goals of the business with benefits to the customer.
- Suggest and make strategic decisions on deliverables to balance full featured product with MLP (Minimum Lovable Product) when business needs dictate. Become the product’s “go to” resource for other internal teams. Gather product requirements, prioritize feature implementations and improve overall user experience.
- Measure adoption, usage data, and business results from product launches. Gather user feedback and establish internal feedback loops. Suggest product enhancements to improve user experience. Analyze ideas and bring recommendations to leadership for prioritization.
- Oversee implementation and release workflow and deadlines from a Product perspective. Work with Development and QA throughout the sprint to ensure that the work will meet business requirements and is controlled for scope. Perform quality assurance acceptance testing and support user testing as appropriate on user stories.
- Work with users to validate concepts, themes, vision, and prototypes. Assist in developing and maintaining success measurements (KPIs).
- Clearly and continuously communicate the status of work on the product roadmap and in development. Ability to draft release notes for launches.
- Manage product backlog.
- Experience implementing or influencing lean product methodologies in an environment where everyone wears multiple hats. Experience with Software as a Service product
- Demonstrated experience creating effective business level product documentation
- Ability to work well with upper management and articulate views and business necessity of product
- Self-starter who doesn’t need daily direction. Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to effectively work with cross functional teams
- Inquisitive – willing to ask questions and seek out resolutions. Strong time management, prioritization skills, project management/organizational skills
- Excellent technical, analytical, and strategic planning skills. Ability to work under pressure and complete the projects by deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects simultaneously. Internal and external customer focus. Thrive on spending time with customers to understand their problems and working with internal technical teams to develop innovative solutions
- Ability to Product Manage user interface and information architecture related work as well as work around data reconciliation, file transfer error handling and error resolution.
- Ability to run basic SQL queries to help inform product decisions
Bestpass is a unique and growing company (FinTech Saas) in the Capital District! At Bestpass, you will find a collaborative work-culture focused on providing our clients with second-to-none customer service. A three-time winner of the Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work award, our fun and casual work environment stimulates creative thinking and encourages employees to challenge themselves, to better serve our clients. Come join a team of passionate professionals that works hard, makes a difference and has some fun along the way!