Product Owner (Image / 3D)
Bright-River is in the middle of a Digital Transformation. We are doing two things to facilitate this transformation: 1) move our environments from being built by 3rd parties to building, owning and running it ourselves, and 2) moving from doing simple image editing work to automated image processing including 3D and visual content optimisation.
What is your Mission?
As Product Owner, your mission is to own the Products that are the heart of our business; Stream, API ecosystem and Backend systems.
Our customer facing application ”Stream” is used by our customers on a daily basis and is a huge part of their BAU – some might even say it is “Mission Critical”. We are finding that our customers are using APIs more and more to connected their systems to ours. Expanding our API ecosystem and capabilities are also part of your Products. Last but not least you also own the Backend systems and how it processes our customer orders.
As Product Owner in the Business Technology team you will provide vision and direction to the development team and other stakeholders within the business.
If you are a highly motivated Product Owner with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! We are seeking a strong Product Owner to work within our dream team environment in order to deliver the best software solutions to our innovative and industry-leading customers.
A few of the tasks you’d either own or contribute towards:
- You own the Product backlog and you use your awesome prioritization skills daily to make choices.
- Providing direction to the Agile development teams on vision and goals for the Products you own.
- As Product Owner you have great communications skills that help you in relationship building and stakeholder management.
- Lead the planning product release plans and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- You prefer data driven decisions over gut feelings and assumptions. This shows in you analytical, validation and prioritization skills and techniques.
- Together with the CTO and other Product Owners you work on Roadmap creation, planning and setting the right KPIs and success metrics based on the Company strategic direction.
- You not only like user facing applications but also like API ecosystems and are not afraid to take on more complex backend projects.
- Together with our Product Marketing team you work on Competitive analysis and product positioning
How to stand out from the rest?
- You’ve studied Engineering or BSc. education in Computer Sciences, MSc. education
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 4 years in a B2B focussed role
- You love talking to users and customers
- Your outstanding communication and presentation will give you the leading edge when dealing with customers and stakeholders.
- Creative thinker with a vision who is not afraid to use a whiteboard
- It is important to us that the Product Owner brings sharp analytical and problem solving skills to the table
- As part of a small team, you will be a key player in the team’s achievements towards KPIs, whilst contributing towards forward focussed results
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others. You are open to diversity in all shape and sizes and you are able to communicate with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds in different offices around the world
- Knowledge of and/or interest in Adobe Creative Cloud and Salesforce
- Solid knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms like Azure, AWS or GCP will set you apart
What you’ll get in return?
- Plenty of room for development and learning on-the-job under excellent conditions and the choice of working 4 or 5 days a week.
- Being part of a structured and aligned team that’s working with the Scaling Up method.
- Joining a growing Business Technology team in a key role.
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing international scale-up with offices in 5 cities, across 4 countries and 3 continents.
- Joining a team of passionate, hard-working professionals that also know when and how to relax and have fun.
- Working in the city center of Haarlem, above the central station, with daily lunches, fresh fruit and drinks with your colleagues on Friday afternoons.
- Participate in the yearly international team event in a cool location where the new year is planned and the past year celebrated.
You can find more details about this job on our website here.
About Bright River
Bright River helps online retailers optimize their visual product content mix, enabling them to create rich, engaging online shopping experiences that result in higher conversions and lower return rates.
We are based in Haarlem, Noord-Holland.
Please find out more about us on our website here.