The Product Management Senior Manager is a key senior leader on the GMAT Product team and helps define and drive the ongoing GMAT Product Strategy, including developing and maintaining the product roadmap, conducting analysis and in-market activities to validate and prioritize the roadmap, and scaling up go-to-market initiatives. The Senior Manager will play a leading role in ongoing business management, business performance analysis, and developing & executing strategies to achieve the revenue and margin goals for the GMAT Program; and is expected to provide support to ongoing product strategy initiatives across the broader Assessment Products organization.
- Develop and Manage the GMAT Product Roadmap Be an active participant in developing the GMAT Product strategy
- Develop and maintain the GMAT product roadmap based on competitive industry analysis, market research and business analysis
- Validate roadmap initiatives through combination of approaches such as in-market tests, pilots, analysis and research
- Develop business cases and analysis plans to prioritize roadmap initiatives for execution
- Lead Market LaunchScale up and lead go-to-market initiatives
- Lead and manage multiple internal and external partner groups in go-to-market planning and execution
- P&L Management Conduct ongoing business performance analysis and create shared understanding of key revenue drivers across the organization
- Develop actionable strategies, based on market feedback and business analysis, to support the GMAT revenue and margin goals
- Operational ManagementBusiness lead and manage ongoing business operations and issues with internal and external stakeholder and partner groups
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned
- 5 years’ experience in core Product Management
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in related field; Or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a keen focus on quality
- Exceptional organizational, project planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting, and across external and internal stakeholder groups
- Ability to guide and influence others in resolving complex issues
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfort with multi-tasking
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field; MBA preferred
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience managing the 4Ps of the business (Product, Price, Place and Promotion)
- Experience with Agile, Lean Start Up and Test & Learn approaches
- Strong understanding and comfort with technology products and solutions
- Strong analytical ability and experience with Business Intelligence/Analytics Software
- Expertise in planning and analyzing market research
- Ability to create actionable strategies based on market feedback and insights from data analysis
- Proven financial skills in the development of business cases and market entry plans
- Strong business judgment and experience with P&L management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work across cross-functional and matrixed structures
- People management and/or mentoring experience a plus
Location: Reston, VA (Washington, D.C.)
GMAC™ values its highly talented employees and offers the ideal climate for innovative, motivated, and proactive individuals with diverse backgrounds.
As a global organization, we understand and appreciate the benefits of myriad cultural perspectives. GMAC is wholly committed to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people, and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law.
About Graduate Management Admission Council
The Product Management Senior Manager is a key senior leader on the GMAT Product team and helps define and drive the ongoing GMAT Product Strategy
GMAC provides world-class research, professional development opportunities and assessments for the industry, designed to advance the art and science of admissions. Owned and administered by GMAC, the Graduate Management Admission Test™ (GMAT™) is the most widely used graduate business school assessment, recognized by more than 7,000 programs worldwide. Other GMAC assessments include the NMAT by GMAC™ (NMAT™) exam, for entrance into graduate management programs in India, South Africa, and the Philippines, and the Executive Assessment (EA), specifically designed for Executive programs around the world.
Our flagship portal for graduate management education resources and information, www.mba.com, receives 14 million visits a year and features the School Search matching tool and Graduate Management Admission Search Service™ (GMASS™) database, matching candidates and business schools.
GMAC is a global organization with offices in Hong Kong, China, Gurugram, India, Singapore, London, United Kingdom and the United States. To learn more about our work, please visit www.gmac.com.