Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we’ve launched same-day delivery in 300+ markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
Our product management team moves fast and thrives on solving difficult problems and moving the key company metrics. We’re looking for experienced product managers to join us. Our work makes a large and profound impact on people’s lives by saving them time and changing the way they shop for and think about food. Join us!
What You’ll Be Doing
As the Product Manager for Cart & Checkout, you will lead a cross-functional team focused on creating a best-in-class shopping experience and purchase process for Instacart customers. This starts with building a streamlined shopping cart experience that is both efficient and intuitive even when our average customer is buying over 15 unique items per order. It continues with working relentlessly to improve the checkout and payment user experience – unsurprisingly vital in both our acquisition and retention growth funnels. Finally, you will set and drive the direction for Cart & Checkout as a platform. Leading with platform-level thinking and providing ongoing support to other teams will be critically important given many of the current and upcoming strategic company priorities will depend on the quality and modularity of the checkout platform.
You will accomplish these big goals by working with our Design, Engineering, Data science, Finance and Operations teams to develop, prioritize, and execute roadmaps, strategic plans, and individual projects/features in the relevant product areas.
What You Should Already Have
- A minimum of 4+ years in Product Management at a technology company.
- Sound business judgment and the ability to develop and communicate effective roadmaps and strategic plans as well as to provide execution details through product specifications.
- Superior data and analytical skills including the ability to define and decompose relevant metrics and to directly perform data analysis in SQL or similar.
- Strong experience in large-scale A/B testing to robustly test data-driven hypotheses.
- Strong organizational skills and a platform-level mindset.
- Deep intuition and passion for building user experiences across different platforms.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate & communicate with a wide range of team members from every function and at every level.
- Bachelor’s / advanced degree, ideally in a technical or quantitative discipline.
What We’ll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Market competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it)
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child
- Complimentary Instacart Express membership — so you can use our product without paying a delivery fee