Product Managers at Pendo build products for Product Managers. If you’re a data driven Sr. PM looking to join a company and a team that makes your day-to-day and that of other Product people more enjoyable and successful, come join our team. We work every day to help customers create products users love. We’re currently in search of Sr. Product Managers who are design thinkers and are laser focused on bringing our customers the best experience in Pendo.
As a core member of Pendo’s Product Team, you will be responsible for widening the footprint of the Pendo platform by helping build out a Pendo product that will be used by product teams in a huge variety of companies. We’re looking for Sr. Product Managers who are not only passionate about building and shipping great products, but are passionate about Product Management, driven by simple, elegant design, and possess the skills to collaborate with developers to come up with and drive forward on solutions that wow our customers, in turn allowing them to make better data-driven decisions for their products. Our PMs work closely with all departments across Pendo and senior management, in addition to participating in regular discussions with customers to launch products and features that move the needle.
The primary role of this individual is to ensure great software is built and shipped through constant and cohesive collaboration across multiple divisions, groups, and customer collaboration. This individual will be highly focused on utilizing data to drive decisions at any given moment to help with the direction of the product. Day-to-day will consist of the following in addition to various other items:
- Work alongside UX and engineering to craft solutions for our market. Constant communication and collaboration are a must.
- Work alongside stakeholders to define the vision for the product.
- Translate high level product definition and value proposition work into detailed product definitions to your engineering team.
- Prioritize the engineering queue and be able to illustrate why a feature is important to build to both engineers and executives alike.
- Frequently interview and communicate with customers. Turn the problems into opportunities for the team to drive a better outcome for our users on Pendo.
- Prioritize the engineering queue and be able to manage your team efficiently on a day to day basis.
- Utilize tools such as Jira, Confluence and Slack for tracking, prioritization, documentation, and communication on a daily basis.
- Collaborate with Customer Success to continuously validate and test ideas in the market to ensure value will be realized.
- Create, define, and update the product roadmap while working closely with other PMs to ensure consistency is achieved, dependencies and risks are raised, and development efforts are not duplicated.
- Interact daily with multiple teams across Pendo in a fast paced agile environment
- Define KPIs and ensure the product enables measurement.
- Ensure critical issues in the application are resolved by managing through the severity process.
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Manager. You have shipped multiple great products and features, can demonstrate big-picture thinking capabilities, and are able to focus on the details on a day-to-day basis to execute with your team.
- Strong communication skills
- You are design driven and have a passion for usability and simplicity
- Experience PMing SaaS products a plus
- Technical background preferred – you’re able to converse with engineers at a level that allows for great ideas to be challenged to deliver high quality solutions.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers — a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society’s experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo’s future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag…hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.