At Skillshare, we’re building a global community of curious, lifelong learners. Our mobile team plays a key role in our ability to scale by building apps that allow anyone, anywhere to access our platform. Their work enables us to reach people around the world and make learning as easy as glancing at your phone.
We’re excited to welcome a seasoned product leader who will spearhead our mobile efforts across iOS, Android, and TV. Working closely with engineering, design, product, content, marketing, and support teams, you’ll have the opportunity to shape the mobile user experience and build apps that allow for anyone, anywhere to have access to learning.
The mobile team is poised to grow significantly over the next year and you’ll help lead the charge. We’ll look to your expertise in building consumer-facing mobile products and your ability to work seamlessly with teams across the company, champion the user, and drive real impact as we scale.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with engineering, product, and design leaders to develop ongoing mobile strategy and roadmaps
- Develop and execute strategy to launch tv apps (Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, etc.)
- Work closely with web teams to unify the user experience and work towards feature parity between our web and mobile apps.
- Monitor app reviews and work closely with support to triage issues
- Write user stories, manage project execution, A/B test, wireframe, and define product roll-out strategies
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
Why we’re excited about you:
- 5+ years experience in mobile product management role – this is not your first rodeo
- Deep knowledge of app design, mobile experience, and UI conventions across both iOS and Android (experience building TV apps a plus)
- Technical enough to talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers… and comfortable communicating with non-technical teams and leaders across the company
- Passionate about building products for everyone, not just yourself
- A creative problem solver, who is able to incorporate quant data, qualitative insights, and macro business trends to pivot and iterate on original ideas.
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics and marketing in a highly collaborative environment.
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: Mobile is a major company priority and you’ll have the chance to lead the charge.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
Apply for this job