At Skillshare, we’re building a global community of curious, lifelong learners. Our high-performing web team builds product that allows our users to access learning opportunities from anywhere, seamlessly interact with each other on the platform, and discover the value of Skillshare. We’re now looking for a Web Product Manager/Director to lead and grow this effort as we scale the business.
This cross-functional team drives immense impact for the company – and you’ll be leading the charge, working directly with our Chief Product Officer. We’re excited to welcome someone who can craft a strong vision for the future of Skillshare with learning and discovery top of mind. The best products are only as good as the people behind them – we have an innovative, mission-driven team at Skillshare and would love to hear from you if you’re interested in working alongside us.
What you’ll do:
- Work directly with product, engineering, and design leaders to develop ongoing web strategy and roadmaps
- Foster a culture of impact, discipline around KPIs, rapid iteration, and harnessing insights from marriage of data and user feedback
- Set the teams strategy for optimizing user experiences to drive the desired action for users within these segments
- Drive long term product strategy for Skillshare, with a keen eye on how to drive class discovery and learning
- Be accountable for key business metrics and analyze the success of your features (especially through the lens of engagement and retention)
Why we’re excited about you:
- 5+ years experience in a product management role
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with product, engineering, analytics and marketing in a highly collaborative environment
- Technical enough to talk shop with and gain the respect of world-class engineers… and equally comfortable communicating with non-technical teams and leaders across the company
- Creative problem solver, who is able to incorporate quantitative data, qualitative insights, and macro business trends to pivot and iterate on original ideas
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Passionate about building products for everyone, not just yourself
- Experience building an audience and consumer products
Why you’re excited about us:
- Impact: You’ll build and shape the core user experience for our web platform, which is critical for our users’ ability to discover, create, and engage with classes.
- Growth: Our platform reaches all corners of the globe, and you’ll be shaping and building the web experience for our users (with room to take on more responsibility over time).
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Skillshare is an online learning community whose mission is to connect curious, lifelong learners everywhere – and, in so doing, build a more creative, more generous, and more prosperous world. Today, our community has grown to millions of members who come to Skillshare to learn creative and entrepreneurial skills, network with peers, and even teach a class themselves. We are backed by Union Square Ventures, Spark Capital, Amasia, Spero Ventures, and Burda Principal Investments.
Skillshare is committed to building a diverse team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We work to ensure a consistent interview process, fair compensation, and inclusive work environment for all.
Apply for this job