Flatiron School is re-inventing the way the world learns together, and that requires modern product thinking: a focus on clean design, user experience, a testing and data-based product development approach, and an instinct to build for global scale.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and ambitious Product Manager who appreciates the massive opportunity in education technology and wants to use that product philosophy to build the future. Do you have concrete ideas on how to develop software that will change the way people learn? We want to hear from you.
This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to be involved in education and technology and is excited about building thoughtful tools for schools.
What would the Product Manager do?
As Product Manager, you’ll have a hand in all aspects of digital product development, and you’ll support all present and future lines of business. Initially, you will contribute to the product development of Learn, Flatiron School’s learning platform. With Learn, we are building an ecosystem of products that make it possible for people to learn anything, together.
To succeed in this role, you will partner with almost every team in the company (including education, sales, marketing, and career services) to define and refine the product vision and build new products. You are execution-focused, will prioritize feature development ruthlessly, inspire a rapid development process, and do what whatever it takes to ship. An engineering background is preferable.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- You need to have extensive experience in workflow management building enterprise software.
- Internal tooling
- You should be technical. You should be able to direct a team on building the right APIs.
- You really understand the way data flows.
- Passionate about education and technology
- Inquisitive about problems and creative about solutions
- Analytical – you proactively seek ways to measure and use data to inform your work
- Efficient and organized; you can work under pressure, and know how to prioritize and make trade-offs in order to meet deadlines
- A team leader and a team player; you solicit input from everyone but have an ownership mentality and can make tough decisions
- A “do-er” — you get things done quickly, and well
- A great communicator, but more importantly, a great listener to what our teachers and students need
How does the Product Manager fit into the organization?
The Product Manager will report into our Director of Product, and work closely with the other members of our product and engineering team and liaise with other teams throughout the company as necessary.
About Flatiron School
Flatiron School teaches passionate, creative people how to code. We’ve been teaching since 2012, and now we’re developing software and programs to bring our successful curriculum to more students. We are more than just a school — we are a team of mission-driven individuals trying to align education with reality.
Over our five years as a school, we’ve helped over one thousand students learn to code and launch careers in tech. To achieve these outcomes, we’ve never let ourselves stop growing – we’ve constantly iterated on our curriculum, evolved our teaching techniques, and created technology to improve our students’ learning experience.
For the next step in our growth, Flatiron School has joined the WeWork family. In WeWork, we’ve found a partner who shares the mission we’ve had since the beginning: to enable passionate people to learn the skills they need to pursue careers and lives they love. And that mission won’t change. As part of WeWork, we look forward to working together to expand our in-person and online programs and further increase accessibility to our transformative education.